~Make full use of your PenDrive~
Do you face before difficulties…
when you are some where else using some one PC and there are no suitable application for you to use?
or when u at some where else using some one PC to surf net and realize that the website you want to visit actually bookmark or Favorites at your own PC!
Few thing i always headache on when i went to friend house, or travels or using other people PC:
- No Favorites or Bookmark website.
- No FTP software for me to update my file to my server.
- No image editing software for me to edit the picture i found.
- No Email application such as outlook
- bla bla bla….
And i found a nice software recently called PortableApps, is free portable software that can run in any machine which has USB port.
PortableApps.com provides a truly open platform that works with any hardware you like (USB flash drive, iPod, portable hard drive, etc). It’s open source built around an open format that any hardware vendor or software developer can use.
This software actually give me a lots of convenience, just bought a high capacity PenDrive and you can store a lot of application there. Keep your book mark and all your email there.
With using this software, i can bring my favorites or bookmark and also my email application any where and over my above problem.
PortableApps come with few package, Standard (approximate 90MB), Lite (31MB) , and Base (1MB)
Download either 1 package that suitable you, plug in your PenDrive and install it. For beginner, i suggest you download Base Edition, just a normal package without ant program include, and you are advice to download the application you need at PortableApps Directory
- Standard Edition include: ClamWin Portable (antivirus), Mozilla Firefox – Portable Edition (web browser), Gaim Portable (instant messaging), OpenOffice.org Portable (office suite), Sudoku Portable (puzzle game), Mozilla Sunbird – Portable Edition (calendar/task manager) and Mozilla Thunderbird – Portable Edition (email client) and runs comfortably from a 512MB drive.
- Lite Edition include: Uses AbiWord Portable (word processor) instead of OpenOffice.org Portable and runs comfortably from a 256MB drive.
- Base Edition include: This is a stripped down package with just the PortableApps Menu, PortableApps Backup utility and custom folders, icons and autorun. It’s less than 1MB installed, so it’s a great option for smaller drives.
Standard, Line and Base Edition can be download here
My 2 cent: I like this program because it can store all the favorites URL, and also tun my email application, i found difficulties when i download all the email to my home PC and can’t access on other PC
My Advice: When u started use this PortableApps, remember to constantly backup your date. This is due to may be some happening to your PenDrive such as data loss or PenDrive failure.
Special: Check it out, Mac-on-Stick, this is quite interesting. Run MAC OS on your windows platform.
If you found this article useful, please click the button